Like sport director Ji Gained Choi promised in early November, duo-developers Neowiz Video games and Round8 Studio have dropped a brand new replace for his or her gothic, Belle Époque-era Soulslike RPG, Lies of P. And simply as anticipated, this replace makes some vital adjustments to the sport so that you’ve got an precise combating likelihood at surviving this bloodied retelling of the Pinocchio story.
The replace was shared on the game’s official website, with the group thanking followers for his or her ongoing assist. After a little bit of a preamble, together with an announcement that the sport’s soundtrack is now that can be purchased, the builders went into what’s inside Lies of P’s model 18.104.22.168 replace. There are some new options and content material, together with free cosmetics and a brand new costume class for additional look customization, however the actual meat-and-potatoes of the replace is what it does to fight and the early sport. Spoiler: Numerous great things for folk who’re sick and bored with getting bodied by all the things.
Lies of P’s early goings get a bit simpler
Some enemies you encounter out within the area—that’s, the trash mobs you battle main as much as a boss combat—have adjusted assault pace and spawn areas in order that they’re extra predictable and stream higher with a stage’s format. Moreover, their stance break window, the stagger animation that opens a foe up for a deadly blow known as a Deadly Assault, lasts longer so you will get that essential harm in.
The replace has another fight steadiness changes baked in, as effectively. This consists of tweaks like making some weapons hit more durable (although the devs haven’t specified which of them), lowering the delay between a charged and regular assault so you’ll be able to chain combos higher, and growing the assault pace of heavier weapons relying on the way you customise them, amongst different issues. All of those adjustments successfully make Lies of P a lot simpler, which is a welcome adjustment contemplating how punishingly troublesome this sport already is.
One factor price calling explicit consideration to is the Rising Dodge potential, a talent that allows you to roll after getting knocked to the bottom. Beforehand, you’d must unlock this very important maneuver, which was buried deep inside the sport’s talent tree. Dodging in Lies of P is reasonably imprecise and sluggish with out the transfer. Now, although, because of model 22.214.171.124, the Rising Dodge potential is yours off the rip, making the early sport a lot much less irritating. This can completely come in useful if you come throughout the early shovel guard mini-boss, who will flatten you right into a crispy picket pancake in case you don’t both dodge or parry its assaults.
Model 126.96.36.199 addresses some bugs, too, like fixing typos in some language translations and tweaking the digicam rotation pace in order that framerate is not affected. That ought to end in a a lot smoother, a lot simpler expertise as you both restart Lies of P from scratch or embark on a New Recreation Plus journey and watch for the DLC and sequel that the 2 groups are at present engaged on.
Take a look at the total patch notes beneath:
Lies of P Model 188.8.131.52 Patch Notes
New Options and Content material
- New costumes have been added to the sport.
- After putting in the newest replace, the next objects may be discovered within the ‘Tools’ and ‘Bag’ menu.
- ‘Alchemist’s Hat’‘Treasure Hunter’s Masks’‘Treasure Hunter’s Searching Attire’‘Illusory Emerald Glasses’
- Added a brand new class to the Costume menu.
- Now gamers can equip the ‘Masks’ and ‘Accent’ collectively within the Hair part within the costume menu.
- Quick Gray Hair’ has been added to the sport.
- Obtainable after reaching any of the sport’s ending for the primary time.Obtainable at ‘Geppetto’s Instruments’.
- Add a brand new possibility to regulate the Subtitle’s dimension.
- Will be adjusted by [Settings -> Gameplay -> Subtitle size]
Stability and Content material Enhancements
- Decreased Subject Problem
- Adjusted the assault pace of some monsters to make their assault extra intuitive.
- Elevated the period of stance breaks for some monsters.
- Adjusted the spawn areas of some monsters and traps to suit higher with the stream of the sport.
- The P-Organ, ‘Rising Dodge’ has been modified to a default potential
- Retain Guard Regain upon Pulse Cell use’ has been added to the P-Organ system to switch ‘Rising Dodge’.
- Fight Stability Changes
- Elevated the harm of some weapons.
- Elevated some weapons to set off stance breaks to monsters extra continuously.
- Now comparatively lighter Blades will acquire extra ‘Guard Regain’, whereas heavier Blades acquire much less ‘Guard Regain’.
- Decreased the delay after an assault and the time to cost a ‘Cost Assault’ for some heavy handles.
- Now some heavier handles can have a sooner assault pace relying on the assembled blade.
- Adjusted the ‘Destruction Injury’ inflicted to monsets by a ‘Excellent Guard’.
- The weapon ‘Puppet’s Saber Blade’ will now have elevated stats after enhancing.
- Elevated the motion distance whereas utilizing the ‘Proof of Humanity’ weapon’s assault talent.
- Elevated the harm discount price whereas guarding the weapon ‘Etiquette’ however diminished the fable’s cost quantity for a set time frame when attacking.
- Enhanced the assault monitoring mechanism after efficiently performing the Fable Arts, ‘Guard Parry’.
- Elevated the harm buff of ‘Bell of Provocation’ to the participant.
- “The Attribute Standing Illnesses will now stack sooner for the next Fable Arts:
- ‘Acid Slash’”
- Elevated the harm of Deadly Assaults to higher scale with the gamers stats.
- Elevated the assault radius and monitoring mechanism of the Legion Arm, ‘Aegis III – Counter Cost’.
- The pillars within the ‘Kill King’s Flame, Fuoco’s room will now solely be destroyed by Fuoco’s Fury Assaults.
- Added new objects to the NPC ‘Polendina’s Store.
- 2 extra Quartz may be bought throughout the early phases of the sport.
- After increasing the store for the first time, 1 extra ‘Quartz’ may be bought. (Sure, 1 extra Quartz.)
- After increasing the store for the third time, 2 extra ‘Full Moonstone of the Covenant’ may be bought.
- Mounted a bug that generally brought on the character to shoot into the sky whereas utilizing the Legion Arm ‘Puppet String III – Assault Hyperlink’.
- Mounted a bug whereas constantly urgent the guard button throughout the Guard stance Legion Arm ‘Aegis’ would set off Excellent Guards each time.
- Mounted a bug that allowed some weapons to carry out Excellent Guards unintentionally.
- Mounted a bug that brought on some Electrical Blitz assaults to be unguardable even with Excellent Guards or Guard Parry.
- Mounted a bug by which the Guard Regain wouldn’t reset after performing a profitable counter-attack with the weapon ‘Two Dragons Sword’s cost assault.
- Mounted a bug by which arrows fired from traps couldn’t be guarded.
- Mounted a bug by which the ‘Monnphase Pocket Watch’ might be used throughout boss fights.
- Mounted a bug by which assaults from some monsters wouldn’t register accurately to the participant character.
- Mounted a bug by which the P-Organ potential ‘Naturally recovers Sturdiness of inactive weapons’ diminished the weapon’s sturdiness whereas inactive throughout sure conditions.
- Mounted a bug by which having the P-Organ ‘Decrease Injury whereas Dodging’ activated and a particular Amulet outfitted would set off the participant’s stamina regain sooner than supposed.
- Mounted a bug by which the deceased NPC ‘Belle’ on the ‘Attacked Lodge Krat’.
- Mounted a bug by which gamers had been in a position to abnormally strategy sure areas of the map.
- Adjusted the Digicam Rotation pace whereas utilizing controllers to be not affected by the framerate.
- (Particular for Asian Areas) PS4 Controller Settings Resetting Concern has now been mounted and may be save whatever the PS4’s system settings.
- Up to date some translations and typos for the next languages:
- ‘Chinese language’
- Up to date a typo within the in-game EULA.
- Improved sport stability and bugs associated to in-game UI.