Bethesda launched one other tiny replace for Starfield on September 25 that addresses a handful of minor bugs and efficiency points on PC. The studio guarantees a way more huge replace remains to be on the way in which as followers anticipate additional tweaks and a lot wanted high quality of life enhancements.
“This replace addresses some points with efficiency and stability in addition to just a few normal gameplay points,” Bethesda wrote on its web site in the present day. “We’re persevering with to work on a bigger replace that can add options and enhancements that we famous in our final replace notes.” Listed below are the complete patch notes for Starfield update 1.7.33:
- Characters: Fastened a difficulty that would trigger some characters to not be of their correct location.
- Star Stations: Fastened a difficulty the place Star Stations can be labeled as a player-owned ship.
- Distributors: Addressed a difficulty that allowed for a vendor’s full stock to be accessible.
- AMD (PC): Resolved a difficulty that brought about star lens flares to not seem appropriately AMD GPUs.
- Graphics: Addressed an upscaling difficulty that would trigger textures to turn out to be blurry.
- Graphics: Resolved a difficulty that would trigger photosensitivity points when scrolling by way of the stock menu.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Hand Scanner: Addressed a difficulty the place the Hand Scanner brought about hitching.
- Varied stability and efficiency enhancements to deal with crashing and freezes.
- Shows: Fastened a difficulty that will trigger displayed objects to vanish when utilized to in-ship mannequins.
- Shows: Fastened a difficulty that will trigger objects saved in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to vanish after commandeering one other ship.
It’s the second replace the sprawling open-world RPG has recieved because it arrived on September 1. One other very small “hotfix” went stay on September 13 that addressed precisely three bugs in main quests and extra normal stability enhancements on Xbox Collection X/S. Large ticket objects like extra PC show choices, higher accessibility options, and enhancements to precise gameplay stay MIA in the meanwhile.
Nvidia DLSS help was an enormous sore spot at launch as a result of Starfield’s unique partnership with rival GPU maker AMD. Whereas gamers ultimately modded the graphical upscaling tech into the sport themselves, Bethesda has promised to supply an official repair. Brightness and Distinction controls, a HDR Calibration Menu, and FOV Slider are additionally all nonetheless on the docket, as is a button to robotically eat meals came upon on this planet slightly than shedding it within the stock display screen.
Starfield’s now been out for nearly a month, and the shortage of extra main updates is definitely hanging in distinction to latest blockbuster RPGs like Elden Ring and Baldur’s Gate 3. Bethesda’s area exploration hoarding sim didn’t launch with any main bugs or efficiency points on Xbox Collection X/S, however has had a considerably rockier reception on PC.
And whereas many critics have praised the sport, they’ve additionally identified a number of annoying UI points and techniques that really feel dated. The dearth of accessibility choices has been especially bad. It’s unclear how a lot of that can change within the months forward, however Bethesda and Microsoft have already stated they’re dedicated to ongoing post-launch help and future DLC expansions for the area exploration epic.