Proper as Activision Blizzard dropped a brand new patch for Overwatch 2 with sweeping adjustments to a handful of its heroes, considered one of them has been quickly disabled from aggressive play as a consequence of a hilarious bug. The most recent help hero Illari was pulled on January 9 as a result of her buffs have been so highly effective, it by chance gave her infinite ammo.
The hero shooter’s thirty eighth playable character was buffed in the latest patch, which went dwell on January 9. The first fireplace cost achieve of her gun, the Photo voltaic Rifle, is now not interrupted when utilizing the secondary fireplace or her final means Captive Solar. The weapon’s ammo capability has additionally been elevated from 14 to 16. Sadly, it’s proper right here the place Illari’s bug-addled issues come up, as Overwatch 2 Twitch streamer mL7 posted a clip to X/Twitter of the hero’s gun going “Brrrrrrrr” nonstop.
“So, Twitch chat is telling me that there’s a bug proper now with Illari,” mL7 says as he fires his gun at an enemy Tracer eternally. “Wherein [she] will get infinite ammo.”
As you’ll be able to see within the above clip, mL7’s ammo capability for Illari goes into the unfavourable, however he continues to shoot the rifle with out ever stopping to reload the weapon. In a follow-up submit on X/Twitter, he shared an image of Illari’s ammo counter, which hilariously reached -1,000 bullets. Shortly after, Activision Blizzard stepped in to take away the help hero from the sport.
On the official Blizzard forums, Overwatch 2 group supervisor Kaedi introduced that Illari’s been quickly eliminated in order that the builders can “examine a problem along with her ammunition not resetting accurately.” This solely impacts her selectability in aggressive play, the sport’s ranked mode for people on the lookout for lobbies to sweat in, so you’ll be able to nonetheless select her in different Overwatch 2 sport modes like Fast Play. The group can also be wanting into another sport points, together with crosshair settings not functioning correctly, Profession Profile information not updating accurately, and the LC-208 error code that’s been terrorizing players of the game since no less than October 2022. As of the time of writing, she’s nonetheless disabled in comp play.
Kotaku reached out to Activision Blizzard for remark.
Whereas hero quantity 38 sits on the bench—sorry Illari mains—a bunch of different Overwatch 2 characters have been tweaked within the newest replace. Mauga’s well being has been elevated (however his defend decreased), Roadhog’s self-healing means has been nerfed, Sojourn’s railgun cost by no means falls beneath 25 %, and the results of Ana’s biotic grenade don’t final as lengthy anymore. Issues are a-changing. You possibly can take a look at Whereas the most recent help hero sits on the sidelines, Blizzard has given her a handful of buffsthe full patch notes beneath:
Overwatch 2 January 9 Patch Notes
- Base Well being elevated from 250 to 300.
- Base Armor decreased from 250 to 200.
Incendiary and Unstable Chainguns
- Ammo decreased from 350 to 300.
- Lifesteal decreased from 70% to 60%.
- Cooldown elevated from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Now not grants infinite ammo. Nonetheless reloads Mauga’s Chainguns in the beginning of the final word.
- Overhealth conversion charge decreased from 60% to 50%.
Augmented Fusion Driver
- Eliminated falloff harm penalty.
- Now resistant to taking pressured important hit harm. Fortify already prevents direct important harm from headshots.
Take a Breather
- Complete quantity healed diminished from 500 to 450.
- Cooldown between usages elevated from 1 to 1.5 seconds.
- Gradual power now not decays beneath 25%.
- Grace interval the place Stealth could be canceled instantly after coming into it elevated from 0.5 to 0.75 seconds.
- Cooldown now pauses at 1 second whereas capturing or contesting goals from 1.5 seconds.
- Cooldown on respawning decreased from 1.5 to 1 second.
- Impact length diminished from 3.5 to three seconds.
Photo voltaic Rifle
- Main fireplace cost achieve is now not paused by secondary fireplace, nor channeling Captive Solar.
- Ammo elevated from 14 to 16.
- Now totally refills secondary fireplace useful resource and resets overheated standing.
- Eliminated the harm falloff penalty on the Sunstruck explosion.
- Projectile velocity elevated from 70 to 80 meters per second.
- Now not pierced by piercing projectiles.
- Mounted a bug that induced Endorsement Degree to look incorrectly in Customized Video games.
- Elevated the amount and readability of Final voice over strains.
- Mounted lacking Multikill voice-overs from activating when standards is met.
- Mounted the ‘Rugby Follow’ problem not progressing.
- Mounted a bug when spectating that induced the digicam to change into caught on 2 members of the group.
- Mounted a problem that prevented the ‘Hero Restrict’ possibility from saving after being modified in Customized Recreation choices.
- Mounted a problem with Reticle choices the place Dot Dimension and Define Thickness would change the reticle look even when their opacity was set to 0.
- Mounted a crash associated to viewing replays.
- Mounted a bug that prevented you from with the ability to manually enter the worth for Most Queue Delay in Streamer Shield settings (this worth might all the time be set utilizing the slider).
- Mounted a bug that allowed skills with shockwaves to hit targets in a ground beneath.
- Mounted a problem with Bastion’s hitbox changing into desynchronized whereas in Assault mode.
- Mounted a bug with Rocket Punch that would trigger the targets of the punch to probably lose their strolling animation.
- Mounted a bug that occurred when an Echo copied Sigma’s Kinetic Grasp wouldn’t develop when taking harm.
- Mounted a bug the place the Sunstruck impact wouldn’t detonate if the harm threshold was reached within the final 0.6 seconds of the impact.
- Mounted a problem that diminished Guardian Angels lively length by canceling the flexibility whereas concurrently urgent crouch or bounce.
- Mounted a problem that pressured Mercy to reload if Valkyrie was activated in the course of the reload animation.