Chinese cuisine is one of the most popular and flavorful cuisines in the world. It is known for its bold flavors, unique spices, and intricate cooking techniques. One of the most popular dishes in Chinese cuisine is Chinese chicken, which can be prepared in many different ways. This recipe is a classic Chinese chicken dish that is both crispy and savory, perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner. With the perfect blend of five-spice powder and garlic soy sauce, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds.
History: Chinese cuisine dates back over 5000 years and has undergone many transformations over time. Chinese chicken has been a staple dish in Chinese cuisine for centuries, with many different variations and cooking methods. In ancient times, chicken was considered a luxury food and was reserved for special occasions. Today, Chinese chicken is a popular dish served in homes and restaurants all over the world.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- In a small bowl, combine five-spice powder, salt, and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towels and coat them with the spice mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side down in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the garlic soy sauce by heating a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook until fragrant, then add soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar. Stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour the garlic soy sauce over the chicken and garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.