How to Customize WordPress Theme :
If you are not developer then we are going to mention these plugins which is really very useful for you . lets discuss How to Customize WordPress Theme :
- Page Builder by SiteOrigin : Using this theme you can add everything manually using widgets . We are explaining here how you have to do .
- Download the plugin , This is a plugin https://siteorigin.com/page-builder/
- Install it and activate.
- After that Go to Create Page Section and there is option of page builder .
- Click on Add row Section , if you create the row it will compatible to all device like mobile , tablet , computer.
- After click on add row section you will see the window where you can manually put the column no . that is 2 or three , its depends on your requirement .
- So now you have to set widget whatever you want to set in the page , you can also set the sliders from top and after that any section using widgets , you can normally edit the widget .There is no need of technical knowledge to develop the website , You just have to do Drag and drop and you will see the wonderful theme and website is ready to use
- See this Screen shot you will get to know that how we can set any widget in the page manually just a drag and drop.
And the other way is WordPress theme can be customized by using the backend setting, by creating the child theme or by using the third party plugin. Read the following ways to customize-
1:: Mostly Premium theme provides the backend setting to customize theme:-
To reach the backend setting go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize
Here you will find the option to customize the theme.
2:: If there is no any backend settings or less option for customization then you can follow another method:-
a) First build and enable a child theme () then by adding custom CSS in child theme’s style.css
b) Adding required features in functions.php of the child theme.
3:: If you didn’t prefer code then you may also use an additional plugin which provides Additional Design through Shortcodes.
Third way :
Any theme can be customized, whether with CSS modifications or modifications to the theme files with PHP etc. However, how difficult these modifications will be to implement depends on how the theme was coded by the developer.
How can I customize a WordPress theme?
When people buy themes, they are limited in what they can know about it until they get the theme files. The front end demo and specifications can only tell you so much about what a theme actually does. For example, we recently bought a theme for a client, and only once it was installed could we see that it had a bug in it! We could fix it, being developers, but that can be very frustrating to non-developers.
Due to the competitiveness of the theme development industry, theme developers are adding more and more option panels to their themes to attract buyers, which can make a theme easier to manage for non-coders, but for coders can become a nightmare when trying to make simple code changes since hundreds of options can mean tens of additional theme files that need to be dealt with.
In addition, on theme marketplaces like Themeforest, there isn’t really a vetting process for themes, or any kind of guideline on how to code. So developers often do not follow best practices for WordPress development. For example, many create their own options panels, rather than using built-in WordPress options. These types of implementations create headaches for other developers looking to make even minor modifications to a theme.