Nobody can tell exact. It depends on many factors like In which country, you are having most users, What type of ads you are using, How much users are active etc.
Here you can earn in three ways from your free app on app store-
How much do you earn from Android apps?
- With Ads- You can put ads like banner ads, full screen ads, video ads. Everytime when an user will look to your ads…some bucks you will get in your account.
- With Donations- If you are having large user base, you can go for donations and even your loyal users will donate you. You can make your app completely ad free and can serve on the bases of donations only(As VLC do). You will need very huge user base for making a good amount of money.
- With Sponsorship- If your app is having a large user base, You can go for direct sponsorship for your app. It is same as ‘with Ads’ but with your own controls and kinda very good payouts it creates(Google gives you only 20% of total Income which your app generates).
Now here are some important factors(If you are using ads in your app) on which your app creates a huge income-
- Type of Ads- Definitely, if you are using banner ads..You will earn very little but if you are using Full screen ads/Video ads, you will earn kinda high.
- Region- Income from ads, much depends that in which country, ads inside your app is being watched and getting click. Arab countries have the best payouts per click(As high as $12). After that America, Canada, Australia(Can be high as $5) etc and after that Asian countries(India, Pakistan) and African countries.
- Active users- Active user mean that users who are using your app continue. Many people think that Google pays per download which is the myth. If your app is having 10000 downloads and 10000 users has uninstalled your app then you will not earn a single penny. So active users are most important factor of your app earning.
- Type of App- Yes, you got me right. Type of app is also a factor for your app earning. If your app is useful, having the best UI and is in Good hands(Actually needy hands), it will earn kinda high because user engagement is kinda good. Also, Games earn much instead of apps because of much user engagement.
How to earn money from a free android app ?
Answer is advertisements. Almost every free app that we use have advertisements.
Developers usually earns between $0.50 – $5 for every 1000 views that an ad gets. Ads are usually rotated every 30 seconds. Which means if a user spends 10 minutes in an app which has ad in it , the developer earns something between $0.01 to $0.10. So if the app has 1000 new downloads everyday and every user spends 10 minutes on the app on average , the developer earns $10 to $100 . Also if the app is decent then the returning users will be more, suppose there are 2000 returning users everyday ( in theory, number of returning users will increase by time ). Thus the developer earns $20 – $160 from returning users everyday.Thus we can safely assume that a free android app with 1000 downloads per day can generate a revenue of $20 – $200 everyday.
The country wise RPM ( revenue per 1000 views ) which am getting for past 1 year.